maandag 25 juli 2011

Pre Worlds 2011 Uvalde

Dears Friends,

When came clear that the WGC 2012 would be held in Uvelade Texas USA I decide to go to the Pre-Worlds in 2011. I have never been to the US and a lot of things have to be organised and a good opportunity to do some training on-site. The selection for the WGS 2012 is not done so it's not sure  I can go but I think I will make a good chance for the selection. If I am allowed to go next year I will fly the new Schempp-Hirth openclass glider the Quintus-M.



But that's for next year. For this year I had to look for a glider in the US. My friend Garret Willet maybe had a glider for me, a Discus to fly in 15 meter class. Because this wasn't sure I looked to find something else. The people who know me know I prefer to fly openclass but I also like the "a" fuselage from Schempp-Hirth. I owned a Ventus a for 1 year. I flew Tilo's Ventus 2AX a few times and I liked that one very much. I knew Schempp-Hirth built 6 Ventus Ca's, the "a' fuselage with the Ventus C 17.6 wing with the nicer handling. I knew there where 4 sold to the US. With the help of Garret I found 1 and the owners wanted to sell it to me. So I'm the very proud owner of 1 of the 5 still flying Ventus Ca's.


I will fly in the 18 meter class this year with this Ventus.

Normaly I'm going with the national team to a large competiton but no one wanted to come with me to Uvalde. My crew Frans de Guise is going to Lithuania so I'm all alone in that big faraway country....
Not really alone, because Jeroen Verkuil and Willem Dortu are also going. Jeroen will fly an ASH 26 with me in the 18 meter class and Willem will fly a Discus a in the 15 meter class. Garret Willet is the one who we have to thank for organising everything and he will also be a part of "our team". He will fly a Nimbus 3 in the openclass. For Garret this will be the qualifying competition for the WGC next year.

Normally I'm not really a person who posts things on facebook or anything but I enjoy reading things from other people. I also enjoy reading the posts that the team captain writes on the website www.ekzweefvliegen.nl so I decided to try to keep you all informed on my adventure in the US. I hope Jeroen, Willem and Garret will also write on this blog. I have specially bought a small camera to take with me if I go flying so I hope I can make some nice pictures.

I'm flying to the US Thursday the 28th, and the first few days I will spend with Garret in Warner Spring close to San Diego. August 1st we will do the first part of the 2000 km drive to Uvalde and the 2nd we will arrive at Uvalde. I will come back to you when I arrived.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten