vrijdag 29 juli 2011

My First day

After a bad night sleep I woke up at 05.00 am and got up at 06.30 am. After showering I walked up and down the street just to have a look at where I was and the surroundings. It is very nice here with some hills and allot of green.

After breakfast Garret and I went up to the airfield. I had alot to do, the Ventus needed a pollish very bad and the ceelings had to be redone, the electrical system had to be checked and the LX8080 I borrowed had to be installed. I started with the wings first, i hoped they would be finished but at the end of the day only one was finished and the other one half way. The forecast for Saturday wasn't as good anymore so an early start tomorrow and hopefully i can fly tomorrow afternoon.

I have been flying today but not i an glider. Only planes with doors. In the afternoon we went to the FAA office to pick-up my American license. If i would do something in Holland i would go by car.

In America you go by plane.....

We went to a small airfield.


It would be nice to have planes like this at the small airfield in Holland to.....


On the way back we had lunch.

After we had picked-up my license i had to do 3 flights with Garret as a flight review. I just told you I only flew plane with doors. Garret and I made the required flights in a Schweitzer 233, it has a door for the instructor. And the canopy opens to the wrong side.










It's unbeleaveable but this thing fly's


With a glide ratio from 1:22 it's not realy a good glider, in other words i don't think i have ever flown a glider with a this bad glider ratio but you can open the canopy if you are hot during the flight. Yes you under stood me wright.



Well, it's American build....

Hopefully i can finish the Ventus tomorrow morning and fly in the afternoon. I will not be as good as the forecast but maybe sunday i can try a long flight.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten