vrijdag 29 juli 2011

Arrival

Arrived

After 21 hours of traveling i arrived in San Diego. First from Amsterdam to Philadelphia in a Boeing 757 ( I didn't know those this flew that far) in economy class. It wasn't as bad as people had been saying but i was glad i could get out of the airplane. Getting through customs also wasn't as bad as I had though it would be so sofa everting all okay. The only thing that is different comparing to Europe is that every thing is bigger, cars roads, houses, peolpe. 



After 2.5 hours waighting the next flight from Philadelphia to San Diego in a Airbus 321. It's still 5.5 hours filching but you stay in the same country, what i already said, everything is a little bigger.
After arrival at San Diego I picked up my suitcase, it had arrived so very good USAirways, and Garret picked me up. The first thing we did was eating a hamburger in a restaurantchaine that was only located in California.



The fries where bad but the hamburger was okay. A tip for people who have never been to the US, buy just a small drink, you can refill as much as you like…….


For the people who don't know Garret Willet, this is his beautiful smile


For Friday the plan is to get my American license this means flying a Stemme S10 to pick it up, life is bad I know, and work on my Ventus to get it ready for the competition. I hope to tray to fly on Saturday, the forecast is 12000 to 16000 feet cloud base and climbs up to 10 knots, but this is only a forecast, lets see if i can finish the Ventus first.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten