woensdag 10 augustus 2011

What happened


There are a lot of thorns here in Uvalde. So large and strong that they can puncture a car tyre, and of corse my Ventus tyre. Using the fuselage car and jack of the trailer i jacked up the fuselage and repaired the tyre. While trying to install the tyre again i needed more space and for this the tail had to be lifted, it took some time and a car jack was needed to hod the tail up. The whole glider wasn't really stable and 3 people helped me the hold the Ventus. At some point it said, "watch out i think it moves forward" the answer was "say again" and the tail fell of the jack and the jack made a hole in the tail boom.


End of the competition i thought. I put the Ventus back in the trailer, went back to the RV park, had a shower, went to the MC Donald the have a quick mail and went back to the airfield. I found  John Murray, the dealer of Schleicher gliders, willing to help me repair my Ventus. It took us 4 hours the take of the of fabric and re-laminate the tail boom. The next morning I sanded everything and she was ready to go. Rigged, watered did the 5 hour AAT task, nothing worked, became 10th. Jeroen did a much better job he was fourth.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten