dinsdag 2 augustus 2011

Saterday til Thusday

Something important for people who want to transport their glider with trailer to the US next year. A chain between the car and trailer is mandatory, and the hook from the car will not fit on an europain trailer. As you see on the pictures it's posible to replace the hook on a hired car but as I understood from Marc van Breemen (who sells car part's) it's not easy to get an hook like that in Europe .





Unfortuantly I didn't fly on Saturday, because it was more work then I thought it would be to prepare the Ventus.
 

and when i wanted to fly it rained.

This is what a LX8080 looks like when it's built in a Ventus a. Thanks to Maurits Dortu, he borrowed it to me for the comeptition.

In the evening Garret and his wife Renee took me out for dinner. We had Idian and we went to an other restaurant for desert.


Again a lot of choise and very good.



Sunday I finaly got the chance to fly my sexy looking Ventus Ca. Not for very long because of a BIG thunderstorm. After I landed we put the Ventus in the Discustrailer Willem is flying. Willem and I share a trailer so Willem doesn't has to drive the Discus 1250 miles from Warner Springs to Uvalde and back. I had to do this but I enjoyed it.










And after 24 hours driving I arrived at Uvalde. And it is HOT here!!! Jeroen and I did some shopping and went out for Pizza that we only eat half because it was to large. Thereafter we went to sleep because today will be our first flying day. We rigged the Ventus, filled it with water and put it on the grid. Now it's 11:45 AM, it's 36 degrees Celcius and we are now going back to the airfield and prepare for today.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten